[openbiblio-dev] Bibserver Status

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Aug 18 00:30:55 UTC 2014

Open Streetmap ran for several years without a bank account. Journal of
Machine Learning Research similarly. (It had to get one to prove to the
accountant that they didn't spend anything - and then they had to pay the
accountant to prove they hadn't spent money. Blue Obelisk costs 20 USD per
year which I spend on Blue Obelisks. Tey aren't without costs but they
avoided money.

Yes, in general you need money, but not always. And this project will find
it difficult to get money as there is no clear case to ask for it (yet).
There's also no clear deliverable. Some of the costs can be met by marginal
costs on existing systems. If you can come upm with a clear delieverable
maybe you can get a Kickstarter. But it will have tobe clear, useful and
achievable.