[OpenDesign] The Liberated Pixel Cup

Rob Myers rob at robmyers.org
Fri Apr 13 20:25:44 UTC 2012

On 04/12/2012 05:14 PM, Kat Braybrooke wrote:
> Hi Rob - great to see you and your design expertise represented in the
> group!

Heya. :-)

> This initiative to incentivise the creation of 'open' games is

LPC's use of a well-known and well liked but still current aesthetic,
that of retro 16-bit isometric tile computer games, is interesting
because it serves as a kind of shared style guide. This makes it much
easier to create designs that can be used together, which is a problem a
couple of game designers I've spoken to recently have mentioned with
free culture graphics resources.

> interesting - and I like how they've mentioned the Tango Desktop/GUI
> project - reminds me that it would be good to get more of these sorts of
> designers involved in what we're discussing.

I owe you some names... I'll sort that out this weekend.

> Is anyone on this list so far a self-defined game or GUI designer? :)

Thank you to those people who forwarded the email to lists I didn't know
about. :-D

And yes, are there any game designers on here? I'd be very interested in
any feedback about The Liberated Pixel Cup.

The current Creative Commons 4.0 license revision discussion is focusing
on several issues affecting games, so I do recommend anyone interested
get involved with that.

- Rob.