[OpenDesign] interesting stuff in Amsterdam?

Joris Pekel okfn.joris.pekel at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 26 11:31:32 UTC 2012

Hi,

Mediamatic is definitely worth going to: http://www.mediamatic.net/?lang=en
Dutch design can be found at Droog: http://www.droog.com/
OCCII used to a squat and is now a culture centre next to the Vondelpark
with a *very* high DIY culture. Great place to see bands etc..
Dutch Institute for Media Art: http://www.nimk.nl/
NDSM werf. Old dock where now lots of artsy stuff is going on. Take the
ferry from Central station.

This should keep you occupied for a few hours.. :)
Have fun! And make sure you see more of the city than just the red light
district cause can this can seriously hurt your thinking about the city.

Best,

Joris

2012/6/26 Kohtala Cindy <cindy.kohtala at aalto.fi>

> Hi all,
>
> I'm visiting Amsterdam week 28 and hoping to arrange a visit to the Waag
> Society.
>
> Are there any other interesting exhibitions or places to visit 9 to 13
> July regarding fabbing, making, open design, DIY culture, etc. and/or just
> cool design shops and nice restaurants?
> I was last in Amsterdam probably over 10 years ago.
>
> Thanks
> Cindy in Helsinki
>
> Cindy Kohtala
> Doctoral researcher
> Department of Design
> Aalto University School of Arts, Design and Architecture
> Helsinki, Finland
> cindy.kohtala at aalto.fi
> +358 (0)50 564 0400

Joris Pekel