[Open Design] Mozilla Makesmiths Invitation: Design and Co-Learning

Kat Braybrooke kat.braybrooke at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 16:59:02 UTC 2013

Hello Open Designers,

For those of you interested in the creative use of browser-based F/LOSS
tools for artistic and educational purposes, a few of us on Mozilla's first
#TeachTheWeb MOOC [1] have started up a small G+ collective called
'Makesmiths' in order to bring together designers, creatives and makers who
are using the Webmaker toolset [2].

The Makesmiths be found here:
https://plus.google.com/u/1/communities/113102647862445788660

Our aim is to build a community of inspiration through creative [and
unexpected!] uses of this toolset - and to grow a cohort of digital art
leaders to become peer educators and co-building makers together.

It would be amazing to involve an Open Design perspective in these
fledgling activities, so I really hope to see some of you there. Please
join the G+ group if you can [said with a grain of salt, as I know we're
all sick of Google] and in the meantime, feedback is very much welcomed!

Cheers, Kat

[1] http://hivenyc.org/teachtheweb/
[2] http://webmaker.org

hi, i'm: @kat_braybrooke <http://twitter.com/kat_braybrooke> | find me at: