[Open Design + Hardware] Design challenge: Build an open source house

Kat Braybrooke kat.braybrooke at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 13:43:40 UTC 2013

Hello all,

Our friends at Open Tech Forever in the US have just launched an
international open hardware and design competition to build a CEB home in
Colorado - please share to interested parties in the community.

Details:

"Architecture for Humanity
Denver<http://denver.architectureforhumanity.org/>(AfH) and Open
Tech Forever <http://www.opentechforever.com> (OTF) are demonstrating that
it is possible to build an open source, compressed earth block (CEB) house
that meets the Living Building Challenge 2.1
<http://living-future.org/lbc>standard.

We invite you to join our international call to action. Enter the contest
and help us design a CEB home that we will build in the Spring of 2014 on
our 40 acre site in Denver, Colorado.

We will document each home design and the systemic body of knowledge that
informs this process, so that anyone in the world can both learn from and
contribute to the project. This is an *open source house for the world*."
More info and prizes:
https://github.com/AfH-Denver/Forever_Home_Design_Challenge/wiki

hi, i'm kat | mozilla <http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/foundation/> |
OD+H<http://design.okfn.org>| the