[Open Design + Hardware] Introducing the "Chuff-a-thon"

Christian Villum villum at autofunk.dk
Thu Dec 5 09:34:14 UTC 2013

Hi Chris,

Yes, I actually remember that from colleagues (disclaimer: I also work for
OKF with other stuff, but volunteer for this working group). The
discussions we've had this time around (us being me, Primavera and Kat) was
to perhaps give it a twist - for instance by having this be a hardware
competition, in which the brief is to build Chuff out of physical
materials, then submit a photograph and/or create graphical representation
which could then potentially become the actual mascot later on.

Once fully conceptionalized we would need to get OKF leadership on board
for the mascot bit, but for now we just wanted to see if anyone would be up
for helping frame the concept of the competition (could be something
completely different than what is outlined above) and create a fun, shared
project for our working group.

Any input is welcome! And I'm hoping we can put together a small group
around the idea?

-Christian