[OpenDesign] Institute of Making is opening in London - but how open?

Kat Braybrooke kat.braybrooke at okfn.org
Fri Jan 25 18:03:19 UTC 2013

Hello Open Design collaborators,

I've just published a post on the newly-redesigned Open Design blog about
the Institute of Making in London. In this post, I pose a few questions
about the level of openness at the centre, which says it is aiming to
become a public space for research and fabrication in the city's centre:
bit.ly/WlfmxS <http://t.co/mvaaBVNL>

Would be interesting to hear your thoughts on this (and if any of you in
London and feel like coming along to the opening, that would be great
too!).

Also (I'll send a more detailed email about this next week), if anyone here
has pieces they'd like to publish or cross-post regarding open design,
fabrication, making or hardware, please let us know. We'd love to highlight
your ideas on the new blog.

Kat