[Open Design & Hardware] Invitation to lead a session at Mozfest this Oct in London

Kat Braybrooke kat.braybrooke at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 13:15:47 UTC 2013

Hello Open Design + Hardware leaders!

The time for official Mozfest call-outs has come, and I'd like to cordially
invite each of you as makers, designers, culture hackers and community leaders
to help lead this year's Mozilla Festival from October 25 - 27 in
London, UKby proposing a session for our "Build Webmaker Together"
track!

What is MozFest like? Picture hundreds of passionate people—journalists,
coders, community leaders, filmmakers, designers, educators, gamers from
all over the world—immersed in interactive sessions at a cutting-edge media
and design school on the Thames for 3 days of skill-sharing designed to
foster collaboration, participation and social change. Come with a concept
you want to make real, and we'll connect you with a community of fiercely
unconventional technologists and creators eager to share their skills and
nurture your ideas. This year, there will be 10 tracks exploring different
themes from journalism to games to education, with lots of hands-on making, fun
times, peer learning and epic coffee!

And in the 'Build Webmaker Together' track, we believe  the web is still
wild. We'll co-design its future with hackable  projects, new memes and
creativity remixed with digital tools. This   track is all about making and
co-creation, building creative and wonderful things together that help
change the world. We'll use the Webmaker.org online toolset and digital
design methods ranging from the  beautiful to the crazy, with an emphasis
on participatory, hands-on  sessions that integrate art, film, remix,
memes, culture hacking and new  perspectives. Details on what we are
looking for can be found on our planning pad:
https://webmaker.etherpad.mozilla.org/mozfest2013build

        The call for proposals is now open, and we would love to see you le
ad a session and help make the "Build Webmaker Together" track one of our
most vibrant. Send your ideas before the August 31st deadline at
http://sessions.mozillafestival.org/ and do ping me when you've submitted
so I can be sure to give your work the attention it deserves. If you'd
rather participate than lead, the general Mozfest registration form can
also be found here: http://mzl.la/mozfest13-register

        Already looking forward to Building Webmaker Together this year.
Let the festival celebrations and world-changing begin!

        // Kat Braybrooke
        Hacking Popular Culture Liaison, Mozilla
        kat at mozillafoundation.org

        PS. For those in London, we're hosting a friendly get-together at
the Mozilla Office for drinks + session chat on Aug 14th at 7pm:
https://sendto.mozilla.org/page/s/august-mozpub
        PPS. Please also feel free to forward this to anyone else who you
think is awesome and might be interested in leading a session at Mozfest!