[Open Design] intro

Zoe Romano zoekat at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 17:36:32 UTC 2013

Hi all,
Some days ago Massimo invited me to take part to the discussion on
this mailing list.

I've been working on experimenting open source practices in fashion,
and in general in the creative industries, since 2005. At the
beginning with the activist project SerpicaNaro.org, then with EU
funded project on collaborative fashion Openwear.org and recently more
broadly on open design and digital fabrication with local project
Wefab.it here in Milan where i'm based. This year I also started
working in the Arduino team around wearables (and support their
activities on social networks).

I've been trying to spread some background knowledge around open
design especially when giving talks at universities and youth centers.
I think that a definition of Open Design, if we put it in a framework
of a process/path, is a good way of keeping track of the evolution of
this concept.

Is somewhere a recap of the ongoing working documents?

thanx!
Zoe