[Open Design + Hardware] Liability in hacking medical equipment

Laura James laura.james at okfn.org
Sun Nov 10 16:41:13 UTC 2013

Hi Anna and Jesper,

That's more a liability/hacking question more than an open hardware one.
I'd suggest the hackerspaces lists and forums (eg
http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/, http://www.reddit.com/r/hackerspaces/ )  -
although there can be a US bias, and you'll need to check the Denmark
situation specifically.  Checking whether your national hackerspace
community has any friendly lawyers might be worth it too - a quick chat
with someone who understands what you are doing could be really useful. If
you are seeking hackspace-aware lawyers but aren't finding them, asking in
the FOSS/startup space can be a good way to find legal experts who
understand the latest tech, which is a good sign :)

Good luck!  Helping improve and personalise assistive devices is incredibly
useful - and finding the way to do this so the risks are understood and
managed is important.

Laura

*Dr Laura JamesCEO  | skype: laura.james  |  @LaurieJ
<https://twitter.com/LaurieJ>The Open Knowledge Foundation