[Open Design + Hardware] "UX Is A Social Justice Issue"

Kat Braybrooke kat at mozillafoundation.org
Thu Apr 24 01:30:04 UTC 2014

This is a wonderful keynote about the necessity of socially-centered
design, open design and human-centered design in our work as practitioners
and researchers, Sumana. I'm cross-posting it to the Mozilla Foundation
Design discussion list, as it is something that will really interest that
crew too.

>From keynote
http://wiki.code4lib.org/index.php/2014_Keynote_by_Sumana_Harihareswara :

"Better user experience is the best force multiplier we have at our
command, so it's vital that we make it a first-class priority, throughout
the development process. And with disciplined empathy we can do that - here
at the intersection of libraries and tech, we can figure out how to scale
hospitality, fix the new last mile problem, and actually achieve the social
justice goals that so many of us got into this for."

Exactly.

 <https://www.webmaker.org/>   [image: Mozilla Webmaker]
<https://www.webmaker.org/>
 * Kat Braybrooke*