[Open Design + Hardware] Fwd: Relevant NordiCHI workshops

Kohtala Cindy cindy.kohtala at aalto.fi
Mon Aug 4 13:30:52 UTC 2014

Hello all,
some info on an upcoming conference:

NordiCHI'14 conference is hosted by Aalto University School of Arts, Design and Architecture, and the last deadline for submissions is approaching on August 14. Note there are various workshops relevant to design and media researchers:

WS2: Teaching to Tinker – Making as an Educational Strategy
WS4: The Fuzzy Front End of Experience Design
WS9: Making Places: Visualization, Interaction and Experience in Urban Space
WS10: Aesthetics, Practices and Design for Organic User Interfaces (OUIs)
WS12: Designing Self-care for Everyday Life

More about the workshops: http://nordichi2014.org/submissions/workshops-participants

We also warmly welcome submissions to:
              Design cases: http://nordichi2014.org/submissions/designcases
      Industry experiences: http://nordichi2014.org/submissions/industryexperiences
                     Demos: http://nordichi2014.org/submissions/demos
                   Posters: http://nordichi2014.org/submissions/posters
                    Videos: http://nordichi2014.org/submissions/videos
Student design competition: http://nordichi2014.org/submissions/student-design-competition
       Doctoral consortium: http://nordichi2014.org/submissions/dc
              Performances: http://nordichi2014.org/submissions/performances
                    Panels: http://nordichi2014.org/submissions/panels

What is NordiCHI?
NordiCHI'14 is the 8th Nordic Conference on Human-Computer Interaction, which is organized in collaboration with ACM SIGCHI. The conference takes place in Helsinki, Finland, October 26-30, 2014, and contributions from all over the world are welcome. We expect 400+ participants from 30+ countries, and we are proud to have Don Norman and Antti Oulasvirta as the keynote speakers. More info: http://nordichi2014.org<http://nordichi2014.org/>.

Follow us in Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nordichi-2014/673706125987025
and in Twitter: https://twitter.com/NordiCHI2014

We warmly welcome you to NordiCHI 2014!