[Open Design + Hardware] Open Thesis: Open Design as a Platform for Social Innovation

Jordan Raeside jordan at u23.com.au
Sat Dec 5 13:49:56 UTC 2015

Hi there

My names Jordan. I study at the KABK (Royal Academy of Art) in The Hague, The Netherlands and as my final thesis I have written about ‘open design’ and the powerful influence it’s having on society, and as a result I’m offering open access to the material I have written. As part of the concept. You may build upon, share, modify how you see fit or simply read a chapter and still have an understanding of the influencing open design is creating. It’s totally up to you.

Understandably there is a perception of open design being only something that technology has provided us, yet there is little focus on the analogue side and more importantly from a social attitude within the community. In saying that I would be most appreciative if anybody wanted to write something about it or contribute to the piece, whether you love it, hate it, indifferent, find an area wrong or you disagree completely about the topic. It's really about allowing and building in different perspective into one melting pot. All contributions are most welcome and they will be placed in the final digital and book publication. If you use it in any different way, I would also be most appreciative of how you have modified or improved it. Again this is totally up to you. If you know anybody that would like to ready you are also open to sending it to them.

Cheers
Jordan

Here is the link below:
Open Design as a Platform for Social Innovation- https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Fsr7xa1XY8Ull3RGJpNVIxenM/view?usp=sharing

And you can also view it as separate chapters:
Here are the links below.

01 - The Substance Beneath - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Fsr7xa1XY8SjRWYlh3cnV0Q3c/view?usp=sharing

02 – The Liquid Network - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Fsr7xa1XY8bU9LX2pLSGZXYjQ/view?usp=sharing

03 – Attacking the Digital Divide - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Fsr7xa1XY8bGFlTEtJWmZ4UEU/view?usp=sharing