[Open Design + Hardware] New Medium piece: Hello World, Lets (re)Make NetArt Together

Kat Braybrooke kat.braybrooke at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 01:51:08 UTC 2015

Hello all,

I've just published a Medium piece that attempts to discuss what many of us
(re)started together at the #artofweb track at Mozfest in London this past
autumn, and what it might mean in the longer term. It took a while to
finalise, given the ethereal nature of the things we are all talking about
-- and it's sprawling. But also, I hope, worthwhile!

http://bit.ly/14NqSui

I also tried where I could to reference OD+H and other related groups
working in the networked/open/digital creativity/art spaces, and dealing
with similar concepts. I didn't go into the details of open design and
hardware movements as much as those concerned with "cooperative digital
art-making", but the issues are similar.

In any case, I know it only scratches the surface of the work you are all
involved with, so I would *love* your comments, thoughts, opinions, shares,
criticisms, etc.

Looking forward to the discussion.

- Kat