[Open Design + Hardware] Seeking open hardware projects in medico/health sector

Bram Geenen info at bramgeenen.com
Wed Jul 29 11:24:48 UTC 2015

Hi Christian, Gerrit, Matt
A project that recently has been taking off is the Hackberry
<https://www.wevolver.com/hiroshi.yamaura/exiii-hackberry/>, a myoelectric
prosthetic. Released by a startup from Japan, the community is now
developing iterations for specific user cases. For example one for a guy
who lost both his hands in a work accident at an oil rig. A surgeon from
Australia joined to help turn it into a medical grade prosthesis.
The project is fully open source as far as I'm aware.

I've cc'ed Cameron who is part of the Hackberry community, so please reach
out to him if you'd like to know more.

@Matt, I would be interesting to hear more about your findings about open
design from a pragmatic point of view!

Wevolver