[Open Design + Hardware] New definition for open design

Matthew Dexter mhldexter at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 15:24:14 UTC 2015

Hello Kat,

In the spirit of sharing I’d like to offer my thesis on the Open Design of medical products. I was awarded the PhD last year, but have taken the past year to reformat the text from a cumbersome Word doc (135mb) to a more palatable 8mb PDF.

Please feel free to have a look at the (almost complete - just need to do a list of figures) thesis. I’m currently building a design-led open hardware startup based on the findings of the PhD- transitioning away from academia. Would be interested to chat with others who have similar experiences, or have opinions about open design, medical, startups… amongst other things!

Have a good weekend all.
Kind regards,

Matt

Download link for the PDF: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B544YAOEmjkhWXpxZjNVbzFmbUU/view?usp=sharing