[Openglam_members] OpenGLAM Principles v0.6

Sam Leon sam.leon at okfn.org
Tue Sep 10 09:29:06 UTC 2013

Hi All,

Beat and Jonathan -- I have incorporated some of your comments into v1.0:

http://openglam.org/principles/

A couple of points:

   - I did not include the 2d / 3d distinction. Are we sure that we want to
   make that distinction so strongly? Shouldn't we aspire to keep
   representations of PD sculptures in the PD just as much as books? Perhaps
   this requires further discussion;
   - I did not adopt the term "heritage institution" as opposed to
   "cultural heritage institution". I do however think it's more inclusive to
   the diversity of GLAMs we want to appeal to. I wanted to see what others
   thought about this. My reservation about including it immediately, was that
   it's a strong break from the language we've used up to this point;
   - The next iteration will need to include concrete examples for
   principle 5 as both Beat and Jonathan pointed out. So any ideas on that are
   welcome to.

Cheers,
Sam

*