[Openglam_members] Stepping down as an OpenGLAM Working Group member

Sarah Stierch sarah.stierch at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 16:43:07 UTC 2014

Thanks Sam for all your amazing work. It was great working with you at
OKFN, and I only wish our paths brought us together more often
professionally.

I sympathize about not having enough time - in starting my own business I
have been unable to devote much time to OpenGLAM, but, I keep the door
open. Perhaps you'll find time in the future :)

However, I am working directly with small non profits, so I really look
forward to seeing what your work turns up!

-Sarah

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 7:58 AM, Sam Leon <sam.leon at okfn.org> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> As some of you already know, I am taking up a new role at Open Knowledge
> Foundation central to help transparency not-for-profits work with open data
> more effectively. After much thought, I've decided to step down as a
> volunteer for the OpenGLAM Working Group in order to free up some time to
> work with the communities I will come into contact with in my new role.
>
> I've enjoyed working with all of you in my capacity as a Community
> Coordinator and as a volunteer OpenGLAM Working Group member. It's
> incredible to recall that back at the end of 2011 there was no OpenGLAM
> Working Group! Just over two years later, we now have such a diverse,
> committed and talented group of people all pushing for change and education
> cultural heritage institutions.
>
> Now with OpenGLAM Finland in full-swing, an active Advisory Board, a
> benchmark study up and running a slew of brilliant articles from world
> class curators on open collections, I really feel the Working Group is in a
> great place. Through the work we've all contributed to, I believe that the
> idea of open cultural content is taking hold and I believe that OpenGLAM is
> an essential cog in the process of building a cultural commons.
>
> I'm still on this email address and always happy to input and help out if
> asked. I will also remain on the OpenGLAM public mailing list, but - for
> now at least - I will no longer join the OpenGLAM Working Group calls. The
> call next week will be my last one (provided we can run it on Wed 26th!)
>
> This isn't goodbye, so I'm not going to make a meal of it :) I'll speak to
> most of you next week and I'll be seeing many of you at OKFestival in
> Berlin and some of you even sooner!
>
> All the best,
> Sam
>
> --
>
> * Sam LeonProject Manager  | skype: samedleon  |  @Noel_Mas
> <https://twitter.com/noel_mas> The Open Knowledge Foundation
> <http://okfn.org/> Empowering through Open Knowledge http://okfn.org/
> <http://okfn.org/>  |  @okfn <http://twitter.com/OKFN>  |  OKF on Facebook
> <https://www.facebook.com/OKFNetwork>  |  Blog <http://blog.okfn.org/>  |
>  Newsletter <http://okfn.org/about/newsletter> *

Sarah Stierch

-----

Diverse and engaging consulting for your organization.

www.sarahstierch.com