[Openglam_members] Next members call

Thomasin Sleigh Thomasin.Sleigh at dia.govt.nz
Wed Jun 25 20:56:19 UTC 2014

Hi all

Sorry for silence from the South Pacific for a while. I've just got back from a trip to the States.

I obviously won't be over at OKFest, but I hope it is really great and I look forward to following it online. Am happy to forgo members call (timing is often tricky for me). A few updates from NZ:

- I'm coordinating a 'Meetup' with colleagues from education sector at the upcoming NetHui<http://nethui.org.nz/> conference in Auckland. We are going to be talking about open resources (including GLAM) for teachers and students and the need to educate kids in licensing and reuse
- I'm also the Programme Convenor for the National Digital Forum<http://www.ndf.org.nz/> in Wellington in November. As part of the programme I am coordinating a panel discussion about OpenGLAM issues, which will include representatives from Te Papa (just made their 30,000 image release of CC and no known copyright images) and the National Library (new reuse policy) and Auckland Museum (developing their approach)
- As part of my work at DigitalNZ I am working on a competition for students around using openly licensed material to tell digital stories about the WWI centenary. Am using the competition as a way in which to approach institutions about parts of their collections and start the conversation about opening them up. Will keep you posted on how it goes!

Thanks
Thomasin