[Openglam_members] [cultural-partners] 500 people interested in cooperation projects with local heritage institutions - please get in touch with them!

Barbara Fischer barbara.fischer at wikimedia.de
Mon Mar 3 14:58:54 UTC 2014

Hello,

that is a good idea. We asked a few month ago our than 7000 members of
Wikimedia Deutschland, if they are working at a GLAM Institution or
affiliated to them as volunteers and would like to become "ambassadors for
free knowledge" and had a very encouring response. We used the US GLAM
Flyer adapted to European
features<https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/af/GLAM-Flyer-web.pdf>
inform on the possibilities.

The tricky point is to arrange the next step. Very often it takes much time
to convince a GLAM institution to Free Licences. And it is hard to increase
the number of active volunteers, as newbies find it hard to contribute on
their own. So it would be interesting to learn how to train the WLM
contributers to become "ambassadors for free knowledge". Please share Your
experience.

In order to further the dialogue with GLAM institutions we launched a short
video on Open Access for GLAM institutions. To make it more convenient for
reuse, we have listed the subtitles below.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Den_Zugang_%C3%B6ffnen_%28Subtitles%29.webm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeDgvEkxwxg

https://vimeo.com/87751218

best regards

Barbara Fischer
Kuratorin für Kulturpartnerschaften
Jeweils persönlich von Montag bis Donnerstag für Sie erreichbar
Wikimedia Deutschland e.V. | NEU: Tempelhofer Ufer 23-24 | 10963 Berlin
Tel. (030) 219 158 26-(0)44

http://wikimedia.de