[Openglam_members] Open Collections call

Sarah Stierch sarah.stierch at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 19:18:42 UTC 2014

Yes! Just a basic non-formal survey shows this too on my end - I don't get
buy-in from Executive Directors, board members (here in the US non-profits
are basically ran by the board) and tough-to-persuade
curators/archivists/etc without formal evaluations. And yes, it's not an
open collection list - we just need to think of how we can persuade people
to do it and make it easy for them.. .

I'll park it in the parking lot for something to work on in the future.
GLAMcamp would celebrate the 5th anniversary of the first GLAMcamp in NYC.
I'd love to have it in the USA (despite how much I love visiting ya'll in
Europe) as the USA desperately needs more events and programs, and it would
bring together the original crew and a mix of newish folks (like you) to
talk, hack, celebrate and share amongst ourselves and the public. The first
GLAMcamp changed my life :)

I need to start brainstorming that... it would be in late spring early
summer.

-Sarah

--

Sarah Stierch