[Openglam_members] Next call

Joris Pekel jpekel at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 17:36:19 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

I just had a call with just Beat. It was useful as we could talk about some
things for my upcoming presentation at DISH, but we also discussed the
purpose of these monthly calls. We think they worked exceptionally well
when we were preparing for an event such as OKFest. As we did not have
anything like that this year, it becomes a bit hard to see the purpose
other than updating each other what we are working on. While this is very
often interesting to hear, I think the mailing list is a better tool for
that.

I would therefore like to discuss with you all what the purpose of the
working group currently is. How can we shape the group and its activities
that it is useful for you? Is it mostly to learn from initiatives from
other countries? To build stuff together? To encourage each other? I think
as the original goal of these calls is not happening at the moment, we need
to re-think what we want to achieve, and then come up with the best way to
achieve that.

My proposal would be to first hear back from Lieke what the plans of the
OKF are with OpenGLAM in the next two years. After that we can open up the
discussion how this group fits in that and if it aligns with what each
individual member wants to get out of its membership. Maybe the group
should grow for example, maybe not. Maybe it is more useful to setup
monthly lectures where one person invited to explain something about a
project they are doing and everybody on the OpenGLAM public list can tune
in. Stuff like that.

I am very eager to hear your ideas about this. What is for you the main
value of the OpenGLAM working group? Where do you see improvements? etc.
Please let me know your thoughts.

Kind regards,

Joris