[opensourcepharma] Two Reminders about This List. A Question about Revealing Membership

Matthew Todd mattoddchem at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 03:52:27 UTC 2014

All,

I hope the opensourcepharma list is proving useful. Two important reminders:

1) Recipients are:
-Attendees of the Bellagio meeting
-Attendees of the WHO/TDR meeting last year on "Is Open Source Drug
Discovery Practical?"
-A handful of other people who have since joined, but
*-Anyone may join*. I am not actively moderating this, but can.

An aim of this list is to help grow a significant community.

2) The emails are *publicly archived* and may be found through search
engines. Do not send anything to the list not intended for public
consumption!

An aim here is to "walk the walk" by adopting an open style of discourse.

Question:

Would everyone be OK with me periodically *sending round (to the list, so
also public) the names and email addresses of the members*? A few people
have requested this recently. Unless I hear objections (write to me
individually, off-list, and no need to write if you're happy), I'll do this
in one week's time. I'm pretty sure that the name <-> email address
pairings are all already public domain information elsewhere on the web.

(If you would like to see the list membership (just email addresses)
yourself, you can follow the three-step process below. But it would be
easier if I just email this round every month or so.)

Best,

Mat

To see the subscriber list:

1) Compose an email to opensourcepharma-request at lists.okfn.org (note the
word "request" that differentiates this address from the usual address,
otherwise you will be sending us all an email that you don't want to be
sending). The email should be sent from the account associated with your
membership.

2) In the subject field put the word "who" without the quotes, then a
space, then your password, which was sent to you when you joined
opensourcepharma. To find that email in your archive, if you forgot your
password, use this search term without the quotes:

3) Send the email (no need to include anything in the body of the email),
and you'll receive an email from a robot containing the list of member
email addresses.

--
MATTHEW TODD | Associate Professor
School of Chemistry | Faculty of Science

THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
Rm 519, F11 | The University of Sydney | NSW | 2006
T +61 2 9351 2180  | F +61 2 9351 3329  | M +61 415 274104
E matthew.todd at sydney.edu.au | W
http://sydney.edu.au/science/chemistry/research/todd.html | W
http://opensourcemalaria.org/

CRICOS 00026A
This email plus any attachments to it are confidential. Any unauthorised
use is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please
delete it and any attachments.