[opensourcepharma] Draft Open Ebola Letter

Dr. Urmi Bajpai urmi.bajpai at andc.du.ac.in
Sat Aug 9 01:54:56 UTC 2014

Els, Mat and Tomasz,

Agree and appreciate.

This initiative could act as a prod for those (read most) 'profit only'
companies to share than protect the information.  Our movement is not only
a potential alternative route to find drugs,
(new or repurposed) but could act as a constant reminder for companies to
rethink on their policies cast in old mould of being profit centric than
patient centric. Idea is to drive this point on a consistent basis which
may build pressure on the companies to disclose information also on drugs,
vaccine which were shelved for whatever reasons but could be re-purposed or
be sold on cheaper rates. We are not only using technology to unify the
efforts and intelligence of diverse researchers across the globe for a
common goal which could bring down the cost and time taken for bringing
medicines to people but also building a new thought process. Sounds too
far-fetched? Hope not!

Regards,
Urmi