[opensourcepharma] OSP @ RHH 2015 will happen Sep 1-3

Jaykumar Menon, Prof. jaykumar.menon at mcgill.ca
Tue Jun 9 15:17:11 UTC 2015

A tremendous paper Dimitrios, thanks for it.   And great  comments Mat and Bernard and Samir.

To continue the thought experiment, I wonder if there is a gaping need for more effort on what is perhaps the lowest of the low hanging fruit:

a)      Focused on approved drugs only

b)      With no IP hurdle  (generic, or otherwise no hurdle)

c)       Comprehensive or at least somewhat broad.

(I see a few narrower efforts- Univ of British Columbia, and Chicago-based Cures within Reach).  The Johns Hopkins Clinical Compound Screening Initiative (JHCCSI) looks promising, though their web site seems defunct.

d)      Open source and crowd powered