[opensourcepharma] On NPR: crowdsourcing solutions for Ebola

Alice Williamson alice.williamson at sydney.edu.au
Tue Mar 24 23:12:16 UTC 2015

The platform is of huge importance if this approach is to succeed. It would
be good to exploit existing inventory systems in institutes around the
world so that they could automatically 'push' data to this platform.

The Community for Open Antimicrobial Drug Discovery CO-ADD (
http://co-add.org/) has an interesting approach and has put out a call for
molecules.
They will screen any compound sent to them but then allow the compound
'owner' to use the data generated in any way that that they like, including
patents and publications.

Perhaps we should contact them and ask a little more about their platform.

Alice

--
Alice Williamson | Postdoctoral Research Associate and Postdoctoral
Teaching Fellow

THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
Lab 528, F11 | The University of Sydney | NSW | 2006
E alice.williamson at sydney.edu.au <matthew.todd at sydney.edu.au>  | W
www.opensourcemalaria.org
T @all_isee