[wdmmg-dev] ImportError: No module named wdmmgext.load

Carsten Senger senger at rehfisch.de
Fri Apr 22 08:06:14 UTC 2011

Hi Ben,

--On Freitag, April 22, 2011 09:23:58 +0200 Friedrich Lindenberg
<friedrich.lindenberg at okfn.org> wrote:

> Hi Ben,
>
> On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 8:49 PM, Ben Teeuwen <bteeuwen at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm trying to install the code from
>> http://wheredoesmymoneygo.org/getting-started/ on my local machine. I've
>> got a mac os 10.6.7, python 2.7.1, pip, and the most recent postgres
>> installation. I'm now testing imported data and I get 21 errors (see
>> attached). The majority sounds like:
>
> Thanks for pointing this out, I think the getting started page links
> to an outdated version of the install guide (we've since moved repos).
> A newer, better one is at:
> https://bitbucket.org/okfn/wdmmg/src/b759f035a415/doc/install.rst

The current documentation is available on
<http://packages.python.org/wdmmg/>. We should link there, unless we
can post bitbucket links that don't point to a certain revision.

The part about celeryd in the install doc is outdated. I think the only
important difference is that celery will now be started with
`paster celeryd development.ini`

>>  from wdmmgext.load import uganda
>> ImportError: No module named wdmmgext.load
>
> This sounds like you need to install wdmmg-ext.
>
> pip install -e hg+ssh://hg@bitbucket.org/okfn/wdmmg-ext#egg=wdmmg-ext

I suggest to restart with the new install docs. It will probably be
easier than correcting your current installation.

..Carsten