[wdmmg-dev] paster error development.ini

Carsten Senger senger at rehfisch.de
Fri Apr 22 17:14:35 UTC 2011

--On Freitag, April 22, 2011 17:56:16 +0200 Ben Teeuwen
<bteeuwen at gmail.com> wrote:

> I took your advice and started anew with the
> http://packages.python.org/wdmmg/install.html#installation-and-setup
> installation guide. I took care of the virtual environment, mongodb, open
> spending clone, pip install command and the theme clone. I get stuck at:

with `pip install -r pip-requirements.txt` (after you activated the virtual
env) the wdmmg package should have been installed in the virtual python
environment.

> (env)bteeuwen at Ben-3 /path/to/env/wdmmg]$paster make-config wdmmg
> development.ini
>
> I get the output below. Afterwards, I cant find an development.ini file
> to edit. Does the fault lie with: pkg_resources.VersionConflict: (Pylons
> 1.0 (/path/to/env/lib/python2.7/site-packages),
> Requirement.parse('Pylons>=0.9.7,<=0.9.7.99'))
>

> The  first time I got this, everything but the last paragraph (traceback)
> seems to go well. ____________
> (env)bteeuwen at Ben-3 /path/to/env/wdmmg]$paster make-config wdmmg
> development.ini Must install wdmmg
> Searching for wdmmg
> Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/wdmmg/
> Best match: wdmmg 0.8
> Downloading
> http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/w/wdmmg/wdmmg-0.8.tar.gz#md5=2c802
> f90a563bf3fd08d4f5661110fc5

Here it states that it has to install wdmmg cause it is missing. But it
should use the wdmmg repository you cloned.

Okay, I was wrong and forgot a step in the installation doc. Before you
can do 'paster make-config ...', the wdmmg package itself needs to be
installed. In /path/to/env/wdmmg (the directory with the setup.py file)
call

pip install -e .

This will install the wdmmg package you checked out. Then you can call
paster.

..Carsten