[wdmmg-dev] [wdmmg-discuss] COFOG alternative

Carsten Senger senger at rehfisch.de
Sat May 14 13:30:26 UTC 2011

--On Donnerstag, Mai 12, 2011 15:48:28 +0200 Ben Teeuwen
<ben at hetnieuwestemmen.nl> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I've read the explanation on how the uk budget gets visualised on
> http://wdmmg.okfnpad.org/meeting-2011-05-05, thanks for that. The COFOG
> classifiers are not suited for the faculty budget I'm trying to
> visualize; they're too abstract (as they should be for when describing
> national government accounts). Now, can I just make up different labels?
> I've assumed I can, this is what I did:
>
> First, mindmap the categories. Its maximum depth is 4 layers:
> http://db.tt/7FMKWCf
>
> Then, I've worked out the first branch like this:
> https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Apmcqgw3fOPidDNZMEpfT0x0RkFYMkla
> WFFGaG5EdkE&hl=nl&authkey=CPXRmo0M Q1: Is this the correct method? Hope
> so, then I'll fix the other branches as well.

This looks good.

> Then I've put a google speadsheet into the CKAN group openspending. It
> shows under http://data.wheredoesmymoneygo.org/sources (economics
> faculty).  Q2: How do I get it into the famous wdmmg bubble
> visualisation? Clicking on its name takes me to ckan, clicking on
> validate gives me an 'access denied' page.

You have to be logged in to go on. But there is also a problem. I get an
500 (Server Error) for some datasets including yours while others work
for me.

"Validate" will be the next step, the third is to describe types of the
columns on the open spending site.
After that the data will be imported, which I think has to be
done by an admin. When the data is imported, you can include the
bubble chart javascript in any site you like and query the data from the
OpenSpending.org. We have not scheduled all things necessary to do
automatic bubble charts on an OpenSpending site.

..Carsten