[openspending-dev] Error trying to use a composite classifier in unique_keys

David Cabo david.cabo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 21:24:08 UTC 2011

 Hi all,

 I ran into an issue while importing Spanish budget data [1] into the
Sandbox OpenSpending today. I was trying to set 'unique_keys' in the model
mapping file to ["year", "programme"], where 'programme' is a composite
classifier with two fields

      "fields" : [
        {"column" : "programme.id", "datatype" : "id", "name" : "name"},
        {"column" : "programme.label", "datatype" : "string", "name" :
"label"}
      ]

 But the importer kept failing, complaining that the SHA key generation
function expected a string/buffer, not a dictionary. (Sorry, don't have a
copy of the stack trace, but could reproduce it if needed.) I've worked
around this by adding an extra column with a unique id for each entry, but
it's not ideal. Is this meant to be supported, or is it a bug?

 regards,

/david

[1]: http://thedatahub.org/dataset/spain-national-budget-2008-2011