[openspending-dev] OpenSpending Source Archive

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri Dec 21 14:43:33 UTC 2012

This is brilliant Friedrich.

One thought: what about s3 (or similar) for permanence (as opposed to
local disk) - this seems like important resources and having them
preserved would be good.

Also, some ideas (feel free to shoot down!):

* What about one directory per dataset for consistency.
* What about adding some datapackage.json style metadata in each
directory (i volunteer to do this)
* If on s3 we could still have a nice index page with a small
index.json file and some js (again i volunteer)

Rufus

On 19 December 2012 13:58, Friedrich Lindenberg
<friedrich.lindenberg at okfn.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've begun collecting all the source data for OpenSpending (all datasets) at
> http://archive.openspending.org/ to protect us from a situation where we
> need to reload the database but the original data has become inaccessible.
> It's also a nice set of CSV just to play with.
>
> Have fun,
>
>  - Friedrich
>
> --
> Friedrich Lindenberg | OpenSpending & OKFN Labs | @pudo