[openspending-dev] Data upload failed

Friedrich Lindenberg friedrich.lindenberg at okfn.org
Sat Feb 4 23:24:44 UTC 2012

Hey Gregor,

thanks for trying this but I'm not sure we want to support this - I've
actually limited the set of things messytables will do in OpenSpending
intentionally because I think that when data is handed to OS, it
should already be formatted properly (which includes using actual
CSV).

I'll soon have to do a lot of fixes against messytables for the DGU
spend, but suspect enabling all this in OpenSpending may actually lead
to more ambiguity than just having a clear rule
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4180)

What do you think?

 - Friedrich