[openspending-dev] Data upload failed

Gregor Aisch gregor.aisch at okfn.org
Sat Feb 4 23:47:38 UTC 2012

Also, generally spoken, when designing a system for uploading data, I'd always prefer the try-to-read-everything strategy over forcing (inexperienced) users to convert data to some nerdy RFC standards. In fact, 80% of our users will not try to upload their data again after facing an error message like "sorry, but your data is not in the right format (=you suck). please read the RFC 4180 for more details (=just give it up, stupid).".

I really love how Refine handles data imports.