[openspending-dev] Treemap has new comment thread for each drilldown

Adam Stiles adam.d.stiles at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 18:01:09 UTC 2013

Yes, it's live. Click on "Fire" here and see comments for the overall
budget change to new set of comments for fire department:
http://openbudgetoakland.org/oak11-13adopted.html

Disqus does seem to be having separate issues at the moment with the
additional content they offer at the bottom of comments, but hopefully
that'll resolve soon on their side.

Adam

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 10:53 AM, Martin Keegan <martin.keegan at okfn.org>wrote:

> Thanks Adam (et al)
>
> The Moroccans wanted this feature as well; is it merged yet?
>
> Mk
>

> On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 4:02 PM, Adam Stiles <adam.d.stiles at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've mentioned a couple times wanting to have a new comment thread load
>> on each drill down, so people can discuss specifically what they see at
>> each level.
>>
>> Thanks to Tryggvi for making the widget generate unique URLs for each
>> drilldown. We've now added the feature that loads new comments based on the
>> URL -- thanks to Max Ogden here in Oakland for that. In case you're
>> interested:
>> https://github.com/adstiles/openbudgetoakland/commit/e5066dcd4a0b6f5e0e70224e856f12c84e41254e
>>
>> And in action here: http://openbudgetoakland.org/oak11-13adopted.html
>>
>> All he added was
>>
>>  +          var disqus_identifier = window.location.href;
>> Adam
>>

>> --
>> Adam Stiles
>> 510.280.4862