[openspending-dev] Treemap drilldown transition

Stefan Wehrmeyer stefan.wehrmeyer at okfn.org
Fri Apr 19 18:00:50 UTC 2013

Hi Adam,

the page does a full reload because of the query params change, so comparison is difficult either way since the treemap disappears completely in between. It would be better if the different URLs were done through hash changes which avoids a page reload. I believe Disqus also treats different hashes on an URL as different URLs.

If you want to eliminate the animation, bad luck: it's hard coded.

However, if you *really* want to eliminate the animation, here is another horrible hack to do it.
Put the following just behind the window.wdg_widget = new OpenSpending.Treemap... part:

// HACK: Override $jit.Trans.Expo.easeOut transition when it's loaded to eliminate animation
wdg_widget.done(function(){$jit.Trans.Expo.easeOut = function(){return 1;};});

Caveat: all other $jit framework expo easeout animations on the page are also gone.

Cheers
Stefan

On 19.04.2013, at 17:53 , Adam Stiles <adam.d.stiles at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> When a user clicks on the treemap, the next level "expands" to full size -- is it possible to make it more like a slideshow, no transition, instantly see the next level?
>
> This would be useful for comparing, for example, different years -- a user wants to see if a category/rectangle grows or contracts, but when it disappears and then expands you forget exactly how big the previous rectangle was and can't switch quickly back and forth.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Adam
>

> --
>
> http://openbudgetoakland.org
>
> Adam Stiles
> 510.280.4862

Stefan Wehrmeyer
Projektleiter FragDenStaat.de
stefan.wehrmeyer at okfn.org
+49 151 15550559
Open Knowledge Foundation Deutschland e.V.
Gneisenaustr. 52
10961 Berlin
http://www.okfn.de

Spenden Sie für FragDenStaat.de: