[openspending-dev] Satellite sites and minimizing

Nigel Babu nigel.babu at okfn.org
Fri Mar 8 14:42:24 UTC 2013

Hi folks,

We don't really minimize our JS or CSS files on any of the satellite sites,
leading to, often fetching 10 files from 2 different places.

I've been thinking of having openspending.js as a submodule in the repos of
satellite sites and using require.js to selectively include the JS files
from openspendingjs as needed and also to minimize them.

Has anyone looked into this before? Anyone has warnings or words of advice?

Nigel