[openspending-dev] Modularisation

Tryggvi Björgvinsson tryggvi.bjorgvinsson at okfn.org
Tue Mar 12 20:02:43 UTC 2013

Þann þri 12.mar 2013 19:01, skrifaði Lucy Chambers:
> To be clear, I think OpenSpending's priorities right now are:
>
> * Getting Spending Stories features shipped
> * Getting a clear UX to reflect our priority that satellite sites are the
> way to go
> * Making the satellite sites as easy to create as possible - push and
> encourage deployments of those. Building out the toolkit for these.

That sounds good to me as our focus for the next months as it's
important to get this working.

> When Spending Stories is over in November. We can sit down and take another
> look at this, I recognise that there are definitely plusses in this model,
> but from what I understand, this refactor could take 2-3 months, and I'm
> not sure we have that much time now!

Yes. This is just future work we're talking about here :) Let's drop the
modularisation discussion for a while (everybody can digest their
thoughts on it a bit) and pick it up again when we see the end of
Spending Stories (we should all just keep modularisation in mind when
working on those features). Then we can re-evaluate where we are.

> Brutal and honest,

But necessary (as all input is). Thanks.

/Tryggvi