[openspending-dev] Satellite sites and minimizing

Nigel Babu nigel.babu at okfn.org
Sat Mar 16 01:08:27 UTC 2013

Hi folks,

Just an update: I tested this out today, minimizing all the dailybread
related css and js with jekyll-assets-pipeline[1], and I have surprising
(at least, for me) results. Using yepnope[2] (that's what we're doing now)
is faster than using one big compressed js file. And I've also discovered
the reason for this - yepnope downloads in parallel.

[1] https://github.com/matthodan/jekyll-asset-pipeline/
[2] http://yepnopejs.com/

Nigel