[openspending-dev] Launching OS for Oakland, Calif.

Adam Stiles adam.d.stiles at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 19:28:15 UTC 2013

Stefan (or anyone who can help),

As a test, I'm trying to make this data set appear in a custom site:
http://openspending.org/oakland_adopted_budget_fy2011-12

My assumption was that I needed the OS JS file:
https://github.com/openspending/openspendingjs

Can someone tell me:

- What other files are needed in my directory

- What code (html, JS, CSS) is required on the page itself to load a
treemap of that dataset (or point me to a simple example)

At some point, it would be really useful to people creating custom
sites to have one "template" for adding treemap, bubbletree, etc.
There are many more complicated examples, but unless I'm missing it,
there doesn't seem to be a documentation or example for this basic
application.

This post came very close, but not quite enough info for the someone
with only basic JS skills:
http://openspending.org/blog/2013/03/20/How-to-Embed-Open-Spending-Databases-to-Your-Own-Website.html

Thanks!

Adam