[openspending-dev] OpenSpending visualizations in CKAN

Stéphane Guidoin stephane at opennorth.ca
Fri Apr 25 14:06:17 UTC 2014

Hello,

I would like to directly integrate a budget treemap based on a CKAN budget
dataset _in CKAN_ (so without loading the dataset in openspending.org or an
openspending instance).

I've had a look to the github account of openspendingjs and found some
traces of work done to include openspending in CKAN, but nothing
compelling. CKAN has started to implement custom visualization plugins so
it should be possible to create a custom viz module.

My questions:
- can openspending be used outside of openspending?
- Is there some examples of such use of openspendingjs?
- I seached as much as I could but couldn't figure how and in which format
openspendingjs reads the data... (I have to admit I understand JS but I'm
not really proficient)

Thanks

Stéphane