[openspending-dev] Problems to launch openspending in localhost.

Tryggvi Björgvinsson tryggvi.bjorgvinsson at okfn.org
Tue Feb 18 21:30:03 UTC 2014

On þri 18.feb 2014 20:06, Diego pascual lopez wrote:
> The first, sorry for my english :(

Your English is good so don't worry :-)

One thing to get into the clear (to avoid confusion of others) is that
this is about launching spendingstories.

> The second, We are trying to launch a fork of openspending in Spanish, we
> have a heroku instance with the app http://openspending.herokuapp.com/ but
> is in english, so we try to launch the webapp in localhost to compile the
> translations(django.po, es_ES.json), but we can't do it.
>
> Our first problem is with npm, We launch "#npm install" And "#npm install
> grunt-cli"

What is the problem you ran into here? I suspect this one might cause
problems for you later on (e.g. with the translations)

> But when I execute from webapp folder "#python ../manage.py makemessages -l
> es_ES" i get this error message.

makemessages should be run with grunt:

    grunt makemessages

Take a look at the readme and try to follow the steps there:
https://github.com/okfn/spendingstories#how-to-translate-spending-stories

Let us know if this works for you. If not then we'll dig deeper :-)

--

Tryggvi Björgvinsson

Technical Lead, OpenSpending

The Open Knowledge Foundation <http://okfn.org>