[openspending-dev] Issue with column detection

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Nov 10 08:17:10 UTC 2014

On 9 November 2014 12:20, Friedrich Lindenberg <friedrich at pudo.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm having an issue with column detection in OpenSpending on the
> dataset: de-bonn-planung. I've tried uploading a variety of different
> versions of the file:
>
> http://opendatalabs.org/misc/Haushaltsdaten-2015-2019-xlsx%20%281%29.csv

Are you sure that is a good CSV :-)

http://datapipes.okfnlabs.org/csv/head%C2%A010/html/?url=http://opendatalabs.org/misc/Haushaltsdaten-2015-2019-xlsx%20%281%29.csv

Shows a 403 and curl suggests this is actually an HTML file :-)

More reason for a new/improved import process which should include some CSV
validation on the way in :-) (cf I've just booted a repo here
https://github.com/okfn/is-it-csv and discussion issue here
https://github.com/okfn/is-it-csv/issues/1)

Rufus

> It looks simple enough, I can't figure out what's happening. Could someone
> have a look at the OS server logs and tell me if they mention anything? Did
> you guys recently upgrade messytables?
>

> Cheers,
>
> - Friedrich

*Rufus PollockFounder and President | skype: rufuspollock | @rufuspollock
<https://twitter.com/rufuspollock>Open Knowledge <http://okfn.org/> - see
how data can change the world**http://okfn.org/ <http://okfn.org/> | @okfn
<http://twitter.com/OKFN> | Open Knowledge on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/OKFNetwork> |  Blog <http://blog.okfn.org/>*

The Open Knowledge Foundation is a not-for-profit organisation.  It is
incorporated in England & Wales as a company limited by guarantee, with
company number 05133759.  VAT Registration № GB 984404989. Registered
office address: Open Knowledge Foundation, St John’s Innovation Centre,
Cowley Road, Cambridge, CB4 0WS, UK.