[openspending-dev] Dev meeting: March 5, 2015

Tryggvi Björgvinsson tryggvi.bjorgvinsson at okfn.org
Tue Mar 3 15:40:17 UTC 2015

Hi all,

March 5th is the first Thursday of March and we'll continue with our
regular dev meetings.

As before the meeting will take place on our IRC channel: #openspending
on Freenode. You can join via web interface if you want:
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=openspending

We'll also continue with our set up of two separate meetings since our
community stretches around the globe:

* First meeting will be at 12pm (noon) UTC/GMT+0
    * Convert to your timezone:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?year=2015&month=1&day=8&hour=12&min=0&sec=0&p1=0
* Second meeting will be at 11pm UTC/GMT+0
    * Convert to your timezone:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?year=2015&month=1&day=8&hour=23&min=0&sec=0&p1=0

At the last dev meeting[1] we mostly just presented the micro-services
approach idea. Since then we've decide to go forward with it.

At the meeting next Thursday we'll talk about the ETL Workflow proposed
in OSEP 5: http://labs.openspending.org/osep/05-etl-workflow.html

I would like to focus on technical solutions to this OSEP and flesh out
the proposal more before we can decide if that's what we'll roll with.
This is largely based on the work Paul Walsh has been doing around
validation but tackles the next step, getting validated sources into
"OpenSpending's DataStore".

If you have any other topics you'd like to discuss feel free to suggest
them or bring them to the meeting.

/Tryggvi

[1] Logs available at botbot.me:
https://botbot.me/freenode/openspending/2015-02-05/?tz=Etc/UTC