[wdmmg-discuss] Still no joy with HMRC

Lisa Evans lisa.evans at okfn.org
Wed Apr 14 11:32:00 UTC 2010

You may remember the request I made for the type of databases used to
store tax data, and that it was rejected on account of requiring greater
than 3.5 days work to find this information.

So I narrowed down the requests to just one tax type (income tax) and
asked for the schema and supplier separately:

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/schema_of_income_tax_database

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/supplier_of_income_tax_database

I did the same with national insurance contributions:

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/schema_of_national_insurance_con

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/supplier_of_national_insurance_c

All were rejected.

It is not entirely clear to me the basis on which they are rejecting these
requests. It seems like a mixture of merging the requests into one, saying
the time required will take more than 3.5 days and suggesting I be
more specific -- which I would love to be but I've not yet found, if it
does exist, any public information that will allow me to be more specific.

Any suggestions most welcome or discussion on the okfn chat tonight.