[wdmmg-discuss] CRA and aggregates

Dave Boyce dave at iconomical.com
Thu Apr 22 09:57:11 UTC 2010

The CRA data is in the data store, and we're using it to generate queries.

The first thing to notice is that we don't get the same TME (Total Managed Expenditure) numbers that we did in PESA. Our numbers are a little lower. Thankfully, the difference is easy to explain. The numbers that we come up with correspond almost exactly to the Public sector expenditure on services (PESA table 5.2), and the difference between that and TME is contained in a line marked 'Accounting adjustments'.

So that people know how close we're getting, the official numbers for 2003-2004 up to 2007-2008 are:

439,479
470,761
501,078
523,043
555,304

We get:

439,404
470,625
501,030
522,985
555,198

This gives us a lot of confidence that we can derive many of the PESA figures straight from CRA.

The downside is that the figures for 2009-2010 and 2010-2011 are unreliable. The totals are significantly less than the 2008-2009 figures, ie, more than 20% less. Since these figures are projections, I think the best guess is that they're computed with incomplete data.

Anyone have good ideas what we should do here?

	- Dave