[wdmmg-discuss] £495bn vs £700bn

William Waites william.waites at okfn.org
Wed Aug 18 22:26:06 UTC 2010

On 10-08-18 23:02, Anna Powell-Smith wrote:

> Could we simply make all the spending bubbles for 2010-11 fuzzier, so
> there's an instant visual contrast for that year? Presumably all
> 2010-11 spending items are by nature estimates anyway?

This doesn't help with the visualisation, but if you
look at:

http://eu5.okfn.org/wdmmg/dataset/cra/2009/entries/hmrc_2005/scotland/01.1.1/P43S130211

You'll see 2009-2010 data marked with sdmxcode:obsStatus-P
and 2010-2011 data marked with sdmxcode:obsStatus-F
for "provisional" and "future" respectively.

In theory the current year is some mix of real data
and estimates, whereas next year is obviously all
estimates. Maybe the graph could get progressively
fuzzier, or have bigger error bars or suchlike.

Now why there are two observations for some years
bears looking into, either its a mistake in my code
or there are acually two lines with otherwise identical
metadata...

Cheers,
-w

--
William Waites           <william.waites at okfn.org>
Mob: +44 789 798 9965    Open Knowledge Foundation

RDF Indexing, Clustering and Inferencing in Python
		http://ordf.org/