[wdmmg-discuss] New data sources

Dave Boyce dave at iconomical.com
Mon Jan 25 17:11:12 UTC 2010

I've updated the Google Docs page about data sources, and added references to the following:

- Scottish Local Authority spending;
- Scottish Health spending;
- UK population estimates for 2008.

The Scottish LA data is extremely detailed, and gives us an excellent time series of several years' spending. The Scottish Health spending is similarly detailed, and also covers a number of years. Both time series are broken down in terms of local and health authorities.

The UK population estimates come from the Office of National Statistics, and are broken down by country, local authority and health authority.

I've had little success finding equivalent sources of data for Wales and Northern Ireland.

Regards,

	- Dave