[wdmmg-discuss] Amounts paid to each supplier by Government bodies

Michael Friis friism at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 11:05:01 UTC 2010

> Would it be possible to get download links for the bulk versions of
> the dataset and to enter them into the Resources?
Right, finally got around to creating a bulk-downloadable dataset (700
MB). The data is serialized using Protocol Buffers
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protocol_Buffers). This seems to be a
performant and relatively compact cross-platform, on-disk format.
There's no .proto file (because I did not understand the concept when
I started writing the serializer), but I've included the relevant C#
code. Using that, it should be possible to write deserializers on
other platforms. Let me know if this proves difficult. The dump is
divided into countries and years (in case you don't need it all).

Let me know if you have comments, encounter problems or have
suggestions for improvements!
Michael

--
http://friism.com