[wdmmg-discuss] Government opendata - building the "filling in the gaps" project

K Corrick kathryn.corrick at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 21 16:21:19 UTC 2010

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to highlight a blog post and new project by Hadley Beeman that
I think you'll all be interested in.
*
*
*Government opendata - building the "filling in the gaps" project*
http://hadleybeeman.posterous.com/government-opendata-building-the-filling-in-t

It's a not-for-profit effort to fill in the holes in the government opendata
process, and to make an interface to search across all government datasets.
In particular she's interested in making sense of the miriade of cost codes
that populate COINS and similar data sets, so that they can be made more
intelligible and useful.
Rufus, Lisa and I are in touch with Hadley, and have been discussing the
project with her and her plans. If you would like to know more after reading
through the post I'm sure Hadley would really welcome your input and any
help you might be able to give, as it's a huge task! Hadley can be reached
for this project via: opendata at hadleybeeman.net

Best wishes,
Kathryn