[wdmmg-discuss] Does anyone have any thoughts for this post on open data?

K Corrick kathryn.corrick at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 21 11:54:45 UTC 2010

Cool.
Thanks Dan, thanks Francis. Really helpful. I'm also getting my head around
the issues so this is just good for me too. This technocratic argument is
one that I can see becoming wider, and it's a tempting one to hold to in
this area, as it has an air of intellectual rigour about it. However, I can
also see that potentially what Dan is saying is that there needs to be
people who bridge the gap between the raw messy data and helping people to
understand, interpret, use and create tools that make it useful, as well as
the areas that Rufus, Dan and Francis have highlighted, which is clearly
what WDMMG is doing.

I've invited Dan McQuillan to the Hacks and Hackers event that Rufus and
Becky are speaking at for the Online News Association on 13 July
http://onajulymeetup.eventbrite.com/ (all welcome), as I know him quite
well.

Meanwhile... and separately, I've got meetings with Tim Bradshaw at the FT
and Emma Mulqueeny set up for the next few weeks, and will be setting others
up too. Any thoughts most welcome. Will also send separate update with links
of where I'm at.

Kathryn
Kathryn Corrick - Digital Media Consultant

Mobile: 07901 914190
Skype: kathryncorrick
Web/blog: www.kathryncorrick.co.uk
Email: kathryn.corrick at gmail.com